Crik-IT Frequently Asked Questions
Is my data secure?
Absolutely. We take all reasonable precautions to keep your information safe and secure. Our state-of-the-art servers are hosted and professionally managed by Microsoft Azure and by HostDime, recognized leaders in high-end hosting.
Crik-IT utilizes some of the most advanced technology for Internet security available. When you access Crik-IT, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects your information using both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that your data is safe, secure, and available only to registered users that you have authorized to view your data.
Crik-IT is audited by Cigital annually.
We have customer-specific pricing. Does Crik-IT handle that?
We want our reps to be able to access information and sales reports, but only relating to their own customers. Does Crik-IT handle that?
How does all the information (i.e. items, order confirmations, etc.) get from the subscriber's system to Crik-IT?
If the subscriber runs their business on QuickBooks Online (QBO), the user gives Crik-IT permission to access their QBO data and then Crik-IT can directly access that data to put into the Crik-IT portal. Changes made to the QBO data typically shows up in Crik-IT within 5 to 30 minutes. Orders submitted through Crik-IT typically show up in QBO within 5 minutes (during business hours)
If the subscriber runs their business on a QuickBooks desktop (QBD) product (Premier, Pro, or Enterprise), the Crik-IT Sync Manager (CISM) gets installed on the subscriber's QuickBooks network. (When signing up for a trial subscription, Crik-IT emails the instructions for installing CISM to the trial user.) CISM accesses the subscriber's QuickBooks (after the user provides CISM permission to access the company file) and sends the data to the CISM cloud which Crik-IT accesses to make available via the portal. Changes to data typically appears in Crik-IT within 15 to 30 minutes after the change was made in QuickBooks. Orders submitted through Crik-IT typically show up in QBD within 10 to 30 minutes.
For subscribers running their business on other systems...
- The subscriber's information must be put into a format that Crik-IT can work with. This can be a series of text files, Excel spreadsheets, SQL Server tables, or any number of different options. The number of files required depends on which Crik-IT options the subscriber chooses to use, but can be as few as 6 files.
- This information can be produced in a variety of ways. For example, a custom report writer, such as Crystal Reports, could be used to create the files needed by Crik-IT. Or, SQL Server queries or views could be created. There are other options as well. We will work closely with the subscriber to determine the best option for them.
- The files will be produced by the subscriber's system on a regularly scheduled basis. This will happen at least on a nightly basis, and some information can be created much more frequently than that (for example, inventory availability information may be produced as often as every half hour).
- Once produced, the files will be transmitted via encrypted file transfer methods from the subscriber's system to the Crik-IT servers. Once there, Crik-IT sees the new information and makes it available via the Crik-IT portal for users to access.
- For more info about our Crik-IT portal for non-QuickBooks users, go to www.crik-it.com.
What systems has Crik-IT already been integrated with?
We have subscribers who send information from Epicor, Sage MAS90, Sage Accpac 100, Sage Pro, MYOB's AccountEdge (Macintosh system), QuickBooks (Online, Pro, Premier, Enterprise), as well as custom built systems. Just about any software system can be configured to send info to Crik-IT.
Who pays for the Crik-IT service?
The subscriber (typically a manufacturer or distributor) subscribes to Crik-IT and pays for the Crik-IT service.
How does Crik-IT pricing work?
Click here to go to the Crik-IT for QuickBooks pricing page.
I'm a dealer/B2B customer. One of my biggest headaches is updating my own inventory system when my Crik-IT vendor updates their pricing... or adds new product lines or items. Can Crik-IT help me?
Yes. If you use QuickBooks Enterprise, Premier or Pro, you can use the Crik-Link to QuickBooks program which lets you download prices/costs, new items, etc. from Crik-IT and put them automatically into your QuickBooks system.
I'm a dealer/B2B customer. Why would I want to enter POs via Crik-IT instead of into my own PO system? And does that mean I have to enter the purchase order twice.... once into Crik-IT and once into my own PO system?
Crik-IT offers several advantages when it comes to entering POs:
- Many email alerts are designed to notify the dealer if there are issues with the vendor's order confirmation for a particular PO. To make use of these email alerts, the dealer's POs must be in Crik-IT.
- If the subscriber uses the matching accessories option in Crik-IT, when the dealer enters a purchase order for an item with matching accessories, Crik-IT walks them through ordering only those accessories that go along with that item. This dramatically reduces ordering errors, as well as the customer frustrations, shipping costs, installation delays, and other headaches that accompany such errors.
- Purchase orders that are in Crik-IT can be emailed to your account manager (customer service rep) with a simple click of the mouse. The purchase order is emailed as a professional-looking, easy-to-read PDF attachment directly to the account manager, with a copy going to you, the dealer.
If you use QuickBooks Enterprise, Premier or Pro, you can use the Crik-Link to QuickBooks program which lets you import purchase orders directly from Crik-IT into your QuickBooks system. You simply enter the PO number (or a date range of POs) that you want to import, and the system does the rest... it goes out to the Crik-IT website, finds the POs, then automatically puts them into your QuickBooks system as purchase orders! It's that easy... and it eliminates errors that can happen when entering a purchase order twice (once into Crik-IT and again into your QuickBooks system).
Have questions we haven't answered? Contact us!